Yamaha YHR-891 - Custom Triple French Horn
Sale Price $10,551.99
You Save $4,165.01
- SPECIAL ORDERED FROM MANUFACTURER, WAIT TIMES VARY. PLEASE CONTACT US FOR AVAILABILITY
July Rebates - Free $20 Cascio Music Gift Card Rebate with Band and Orchestra Purchases of $149+
July Rebates - Free $20 Cascio Music Gift Card Rebate with Band and Orchestra Purchases of $149
- Hand-lapped rotary valves and slides- Rotary valves and slides that have been hand-lapped are airtight and have smooth action.
- Articulated key levers - Articulated key levers have responsive motion.
- Hammered and annealed bell - Hammering and annealing are processes so important to the instrument's acoustic characteristics that Yamaha employs computer-controlled equipment to ensure consistently superior sound. Hammering enables bells to have a rich, resonant tone that blends beautifully with other instruments. Annealing is a cooling and heating process that makes it easier to control the acoustics of the instrument.
- Hollow valve rotors - Hollow valve rotors provide quick, free response.
- Phosphor bronze rotors - Rotors made of phosphor bronze resist corrosion.
- Cyclical bore - A cyclical bore is a perfectly cylindrical tubing assembly in combination with a conical leadpipe and bell system. This allows for consistent air flow throughout the horn.
- Tapered valves - Tapered valves wear for a long time without air leakage.
- Long leadpipe - The long leadpipe delivers remarkably accurate and balanced intonation.
- Long rotor valve - The innovative thumb valve configuration on the YHR-891 replaces linked valves, thereby reducing friction, promoting faster response, producing exquisite sound, and improving hand comfort.
- Excellent intonation - The intonation problems normally associated with the triple horn have been eliminated.
- Ingenious valve tubing configuration - The combination of the long rotor valve, dual plane valve, and tubing configuration create a unique shape and size for the triple horn.
- Excellent sound in all registers - The combination of the secure high register and quick attack of the descant horn with the rich, warm timbre of the single Bb horn make the double descant horn ideal for many playing situations.
- Available features - The YHR-891 horn is available with a 6th rotary A/plus stop valve (YHR-892D). Both models are also available with a detachable screw bell. All models are available by special order only.
- Level: Custom Triple
- Key: F / Bb / F alto
- Style: Triple
- Bore: 0.472"
- Bell Diameter: 12 1/8"
- Bell throat: Medium large / Medium small
- Leadpipe Material: Gold brass
- Body/Bell Material: Yellow brass
- Bell Type: Fixed;Detachable (special order)
- Finish: Unlacquered
- Mouthpiece: 32C4
- Rotors: (5) Hollow phosphor bronze;(6) with A+ stop valve (YHR-892)
- Rotor Casing: Nickel silver
- Lever Action: Mechanical
- Water Key: Yes
- Features: Patented "Dual Plane" 4th rotor;A+ stop valve (YHR-892)