Propellerhead ReCycle 2.1 Loop Creation Software - Retail Edition
Sale Price $199.00
You Save $50.00
- ONLY 1 IN STOCK, USUALLY SHIPS IN 3 DAYS
ReCycle is a creative tool that helps you make the most of your grooves. In simple terms, ReCycle lets you do with sampled loops what you can do with beats programmed from individual drum sounds – like alter the tempo, or replace sounds and process them individually. A tool for quickly editing sampled parts, chopping up riffs, remixing and doing mash ups.
Imagine that you have a sample of a drum loop that you want to use in a track you are working on. The loop is 108 bpm and your track is 90 bpm. What do you do? You can of course pitch down the loop, but that will make the loop sound very different, and what if there are harmonies in the loop that you want to match to your song. You can also time stretch it. That will keep the pitch, but will make the loop sound different. Usually it means that you loose some “punch” in the loop.
Enter ReCycle and the smart way to make loops tempo independent. Instead of stretching the sample, ReCycle REX files are sliced into little pieces so that each drum hit (or whatever sound you are working with) gets its own slice. When you then change the tempo of the loop, the time between the slices is stretched, instead of the slices themselves.
When you load a sound into ReCycle, the program will “look” at the file, analyze it, and break it up into its rhythmic components. The process itself is fully automated, but the slices are yours to move, audition or delete, using the program’s on-screen tools and controls. Other tools allow you to set the length, attack and decay of the slices, and to change your groove’s overall tempo or pitch, without one affecting the other. It’s not magic, but it’s probably as close as you can get.Features:
- Don’t like the snare sound? Replace individual slices with your own samples!
- Don’t like the mix? You can silence and move individual hits, and change volume and panning of slices.
- When you have created the groove you want, create new variations and fills out of the single phrase.
- Use ReCycle’s Envelope, Transient Shaper and EQ to energize your loop.
- Automatically isolate and extract individual sounds from long samples.
- Use the feel of the groove to quantize other MIDI recordings.