VFE Fiery Red Horse Fuzz Pedal
Sale Price $179.00
- 0 IN STOCK, EXPECTING MORE SOON
The Fiery Red Horse was designed to extend the tonal range of the original triangle-era BMP. A 3-way clipping switch has been added that has a major impact on the character of the fuzz. The POWER control sets the voltage of the last 3 transistor stages, and is perfect for getting those dying battery tones. Finally, a much-needed MID control was added to the tone stack. With all these extras, this pedal can go from super-saturated sustain to glitchy low-fi octave style fuzz to a warm & mild drive.
Civil War Option:
- Sustain - Controls the amount of gain in the circuit. The type and amount of sustain and distortion generated is highly interactive with the POWER control, 3-way clipping switch, and the guitar’s volume knob. Get a super-saturated fuzz tone or roll it back for more of a dark overdrive tone.
- Tone - Simple & effective, clockwise cuts lows & boosts highs, counterclockwise cuts highs & boosts lows.
- Level - Controls the overall output of the fuzz.
- Power - Turn counterclockwise to lower the internal voltage fed to the circuit. Lower voltage increases transistor clipping, but lowers overall volume, and creates lo-fi gated type of distortion. With the asymmetrical clipping setting, you use the POWER control to really mangle your guitar’s tone!
- A-L-S - This 3-way clipping switch toggles between standard symmetrical clipping (S), single-sided germanium clipping (A), and 3mm red LEDs (L). 3mm red LED clipping provides a greater volume output, and lets the transistor clipping at lower power settings really shine through. The single-sided germanium clipping makes for a raspier octave style fuzz, as it creates essentially two half-rectifiers in the middle clipping stages.
- Mid - Go from the stock Big Muff mid-scooped tone to a mid-hump that stands out great in the mix with a simple turn of this MID control.
Now you can choose between the original version based on the triangle-era BMP, or one based on the Russian “Civil War” version. The primary differences between the two are that the Civil War offers a slightly milder fuzz tone, and has a higher mid-scoop that helps smooth out the top end. This option is only available through the VFE Pedal Wizard.Bass Mod Option:
This option uses larger coupling capacitors & a lower-gain transistor setup to make the Fiery Red Horse better setup for bass guitars. This option is only available through the VFE Pedal Wizard.