Barber Electronics Burn Unit EQ - Overdrive/Distortion Pedal for Guitar
Sale Price $224.95
- 0 IN STOCK, EXPECTING MORE SOON
The Burn Unit EQ blurs the lines between overdrive and distortion, offering plenty of honey sweet sustain and copious harmonics while staying extremely defined. The Burn Unit is for the player looking for plenty of character from a pedal, The new EQ model is our largest update to this now legendary design. The EQ model has powerful internal controls for presence, "deep clear" bass and midrange. Players can now dial in the Burn Unit to perfectly match their amp and guitar to perfection!Features:
- Precision matched components-using proprietary specifications to ensure symmetrical clipping and reduced intermodulation distortion. This allows complex chords to be heard with total definition and clarity at any level of overdrive.
- True bypass switching with led indicator- this is achieved by using an high grade switch, in addendum Solid 20 gauge copper hookup wire is used between the jacks and switching to create a transparent bypass.
- Full size pots- for durability and for easy serviceability if needed.
- Hand made-we make the Burn Unit one at a time and each one is signed and dated by the craftsman.
- Volume knob response circuitry-numerous shades and textures at your fingertips just by adjusting your volume knob.
- Cast aluminum enclosure-offers extreme durability for long life.
- Double sided pc board with plate through holes- Exceptional connections, easy to service and very durable.
- Unique pivot style 9 volt battery clip- Our Battery clip uses an eccentric pivot to swivel the battery clip in and out of the unit for durable long life operation.
- Ten knob control for tonal versatility-The Burn Unit uses ten (including internal trim pots) control knobs as follows, level 1, level 2, tone, deep, dynamics and sustain 1, sustain 2. Internal controls for note-shape, presence, midrange and bass. These controls allow the Burn Unit to produce sounds ranging from sweet subtle sustain to smooth singing California amp style tones!
- Barber adjustable phono style recovery stage- Most of our op-amp based overdrive pedals use a cool old style phonograph circuit to recover the frequencies lost in the overdrive stage, this worked great for vinyl and now works great for guitar overdrive!
- High quality components- Players have requested the use of carbon resistors, metalized polyester caps. These components were thought to be only available on the highest priced pedals. Players asked, and we deliver...no problem, no exaggerated "boutique builder" pricing...Now with Elna silk particulate capacitors!