Peterson Strobe Center 5000 Strobe Tuner
Sale Price $3,899.99
You Save $1,900.01
- SHIPS DIRECTLY FROM MANUFACTURER, WAIT TIMES VARY. PLEASE CONTACT US FOR AVAILABILITY
July Gift Card Rebates - Free $20 Cascio Music Gift Card
July Rebates - Free $20 Cascio Music Gift Card Rebate with Guitar/Bass Strings Purchase of $149+
July Rebates - Free $20 Cascio Music Gift Card Rebate with Band and Orchestra Purchases of $149+
July Rebates - Free $20 Cascio Music Gift Card Rebate with Band and Orchestra Purchases of $149
The Strobe Center 5000 is the most advanced tuning device ever developed! This easy and fun-to-use tuner links the proven 12-window strobe-tuning method to precision microprocessor digital and motor control technologies, providing a versatile tuning instrument with unsurpassed accuracy and features. Its simple and intuitive operation makes it a pleasure for all music educators, music students, musical instrument maintenance professionals, manufacturers, and others to use with precision tuning applications.
The Strobe Center 5000 is the newest in the line of digitally-precise, 12-wheel (one strobe per scale note) tuners produced by Peterson Electro-Musical Products, Inc. These tuners permit hands-free, instantaneous imaging of note pitches as well as simultaneous viewing of harmonies and overtone frequencies in sounds. In addition, programmable and preset alternate temperaments and piano stretch tunings make the SC-5000 a truly universal tuning device!
Manufacturers and musical instrument maintenance professionals will be pleased by the extraordinary versatility of the Peterson Strobe Center 5000. Simple LCD menu displays with four function key switches easily address all the multifaceted functions of the SC-5000. Seven historic tunings/temperaments are preprogrammed into the tuner for simple recall and use in specialized applications. The tuner includes several built-in stretch tables, which may be used for tuning pianos (or other slightly inharmonic instruments). You may enter your own preferred custom temperaments and custom stretch tables to the user definable memory of the tuner.
Proper intonation by music students has come under increased scrutiny in recent years. Now, correct intonation can easily be taught to all musicians! Musicians can practice with the Peterson Strobe Center 5000 and can even be shown the tuning of the upper harmonics and partial tones of the notes they are playing. Keeping these upper partial tones correctly tuned is a tremendous aid to improved tone quality for all musicians. Intonation of the higher partial tones can only be seen correctly when using the 12-window strobe-tuning method. By using any of the alternate temperament files, advanced musicians can be taught to perform early music with Just Intonation for the major and minor chords, with Pythagorean Tuning, or from any other custom tuning file you may desire to program into the tuner.Features:
- Visual Range: Seven octaves from C=16.352 Hz to B=3951.064 Hz; eight octaves when using the Display +2/-1 feature.
- Accuracy: Equal temperament scale, all preprogrammed alternate temperaments, built-in stretch tuning tables, user definable temperaments, and stretch tuning tables are guaranteed to be within 1 / 10 of 1 / 100 of a semitone (1 / 10 of one cent, or 0.006%)
- Key Selection: Choice of Bb, F, Eb (in addition to C) key signatures for instruments not tuned in C. Strobe patterns display in the note window corresponding to the note sounded for instruments tuned in, B B, F, E B, and C.
- Strobe Disc Drives: Each of the 12 strobe discs is driven by an individual microprocessor-controlled computer-grade motor.
- Preprogrammed Temperaments: Equal temperament, Pythagorean Tuning, Just Intonation-Major Mode, Just Intonation-Minor Mode, Quarter Comma Mean-Tone, Werckmeister-111, Kimberger-Iii, and Young Temperaments.
- Built-In Stretch Tuning Tables For Concert Grand, Studio Grand, Small Grand, Full Upright, Console Upright, and Spinet Pianos.
- Custom Definable Memory - Capacity for either 225 custom temperament files, 32 custom stretch tables, or a combination (such as 112 custom temperaments and 16 custom stretch files.)
- Electrical Specifications - Operates On 105-125 Or 210-240 Volts Ac 50/60 Hz. Sensitive Built-In Condenser Microphone. 1/4" Jack Input-For External Microphone (E.G. Peterson Part #: 170172) Or Pick-Up-With Mute-Controlled Patch-Through Output.
- Controls - Power On/Off Switch (Rear Panel,) Digital Pitch Vernier Up/Down Switches, Mute, Enter, Display +2/-1 Selection, Key Selector, 4 Menu-Controlled Function Switches, Electro-Luminescent Lcd Screen With 80 Characters, 12 Strobe-Wheel Tuning Windows Each Labeled With The Corresponding Note Of The Chromatic Musical Scale.
- Size: 71/2" X 21 1/4" X 141/4" (19.Lcm X 54.Ocm X 36.2cm) Custom Crafted Wood Case Covered In Black Moroccan Grain, Scuff Resistant Leatherette. Detachable Cover Includes Retainer For Removable Power Cord.
- Net Weight: 26 Pounds (1 1.8 Kg)
- Easy Transposition To The Key Of C - Strobe Patterns Appear At The Correct Note For All Instruments In B B, F, E B And C.
- Selectable +2/-1 Pattern Shift For Upper And Lower Register Notes- Shifts The Strobe Patterns Into The More Visible Middle Ranges. Bass Notes Are Lifted 2 Octave Bands, And Treble Notes Are Dropped 1 Octave Band In The Strobe Displays.
- Digital Fine-Tuning Pitch Control For Precise Measurement Of Intonation Accuracy.
- Tuning Accuracy Better Than 1/10 Of 1/100 Semitone - Accurate To 1/10 Of A Cent, Or 0.006%
- Calibration To Any Pitch Standard - A=440 Default.
- Independent Microprocessor - Controlled Strobe Discs Allow Unprecedented Versatility.
- Quiet Operation - No Noisy Gear Drives.
- Light Sources - Led Strobe.
- No Calibration Or Warm Up Period Required.
- All Solid State.
- Self-Contained Condenser Microphone.
- External Patch-Through Input With Mute.
- Rugged Carrying Case With Cover.
- Dual Voltage 110 V Or 220 V.