ART CleanBOX II Passive Hum Eliminator
Sale Price $59.00
You Save $10.00
- SHIPS DIRECTLY FROM MANUFACTURER, WAIT TIMES VARY. PLEASE CONTACT US FOR AVAILABILITY
One of the most frustrating problems in a complex audio system is the dreaded ground or 60-cycle hum. Typically, these loops are created when one or more units are connected together, each with its own ground plane. This creates what are commonly called "ground loops" which can act like antennae, picking up a 60 Hz (or higher harmonics) hum transmitted by electrical wiring, lighting dimmers, transformers and other components and adding that 'noise' to the audio signal path. The safest way to eliminate unwanted noise created by ground loops is with the CleanBOX II.
The CleanBOX II easily removes ground loops without any signal degradation by isolating grounds between components, for example, breaking the 'loop' between a synthesizer and a mixer, a sub mixer and the front-of-house console or between rack effect units and a guitar amps' Fx send and return.
- The power ground of a synthesizer, connected to the signal ground of the synth, into a mixer's ground, then into a mixer's power ground.
- The signal ground of a send effect (reverb, delay) into a mixer, and the connecting power grounds of the mixer and the unit.
- The power ground of a guitar amplifier, connected to a signal processor which has a second guitar amplifier on the other channel, and then the second guitar amp's power ground.
- The CleanBOX II easily removes ground loops without any signal degradation.
- Frequency Response: 10Hz ? 50kHz, +/- .5dB @ +4dBu
- THD: .01% Typical @ 1kHz, +18dBu, <.05% @ 100Hz, +24dBu
- Insertion Loss: .4dB @ 100kOhm Load, 5.5dB @ 600Ohm Load
- Connections: 1/4-inch TRS balanced/unbalanced jacks
- Dimensions: 1.7 H x 4.7 W x 3.0 D (in) / 43 H x 119 W x 76 D (mm)
- Weight: .75 lbs / .34 kg