Maxon CS-9 Stereo Chorus Pro Pedal
Sale Price $281.25
You Save $93.75
- 0 IN STOCK, EXPECTING MORE SOON
The first new 9-Series model in 20 years, the CS-9 Stereo Chorus Pro offers dramatic improvements over the original CS-9. In addition to Rate and Depth controls, the CS-9 Pro features Delay Time and Dry Blend controls for limitless tonal options. Improved construction including through-hole, glass reinforced epoxy PCB's, snap-in PCB connectors, and true bypass switching guarantee trouble free performance while the combination of one Panasonic MN3207 BBD IC and one Signetics NE570 compander provides warm yet crystal-clear chorus with zero clock noise.
The CS-9 Pro offers an entire range of classic and unique new chorusing effects. With circuitry based around the Panasonic MN3207 (low voltage BBD IC, now out of production), the CS-9 Pro's Rate and Depth control can conjure every chorus texture from subtle to severe. The custom-tuned oscillator circuit can provide enough speed to authentically imitate rotary speaker cabinets and just the right amount of modulation for a lush vibrato that won't leave you feeling seasick.
The real secret behind the CS-9 Pro's amazing tone lies in the Delay Time control. The Delay Time control exhibits an inverse relation between the delay time and the frequency shift of the chorus - as the delay time increases, the frequency that is shifted decreases. This inverse relation creates "double level" and "cancellation" peaks and notches at particular frequency points to create an amazingly realistic, three-dimensional chorus effect. In addition, the Delay Time control is interactive with the Rate and Depth controls, so that if you increase the Depth, the Delay Time range increases, and if you increase the Speed, the Delay Time changes faster.
For even more versatility, the CS550 features a front-mounted Dry Blend control that determines the level of effected signal vs. dry signal, making the CS-9 Pro perfect for use with Bass Guitar as well. True stereo outputs allow for mono, stereo, or inverted mono (90 degrees out of phase) signal routing. The CS-9 Pro's performance is kept exceptionally quiet thanks to a Signetics #NE570 compander and true bypass switching using a 4PDT mechanical switch.
- Input Impedance 500K Ohms
- Input Jack 1/4 inch standard phone jack
- Output Impedance 10K Ohms
- Output Jack 1/4 inch standard phone jack
- Outputs 2 (Out, Inv. Out)
- Residual Noise -92 dB or less (input shorted IHF-A weighted)
- Delay Time 0.9 mSec to 6.4 mSec
- Speed Frequency 0.4 Hz to 8 Hz
- Controls Speed, Width, Delay Time, Blend
- Switch Normal/Effect (true bypass configuration w/4PDT switch)
- Power Supply 6F22 9V Manganese dry cell battery x1 or Maxon AC adaptor
- Power Consumption 26 mA (9 V) or 26 mA (10 V)
- Dimensions 74 mm (W) x 124 mm (D) x 54 mm (H)
- Weight 580 grams (including battery)
- Options Maxon AC Adaptor (AC210N) Tip Negative/Barrel Positive configuration
- Accessories 9V Manganese dry cell battery x 1
- Warranty Card x 1
- User's Manual x 1