Fox Model II Bassoon - Mountain Maple
Sale Price $26,799.99
You Save ($2,099.99)
- SHIPS DIRECTLY FROM MANUFACTURER, WAIT TIMES VARY. PLEASE CONTACT US FOR AVAILABILITY
This is the modern version of the original Fox Bassoon. It has been continuously developed under the supervision of Alan Fox since 1970. This bassoon has benefited from our constant research programs resulting in a good instrument of the past becoming a great instrument today. The warmth and roundness of its tone and the excellence of its scale make it a truly wonderful instrument on which to perform.
Originally designed by Hugo Fox, for 27 years principal bassoon of the Chicago Symphony Orchestra, the long bore design can be identified by a very warm "round" tone, evenly balanced, with excellent intonation throughout the entire range. The long bore design is the most secure of all bassoon designs. Its tone quality fits well into both chamber music and orchestral bassoon parts.
Fox long bore bassoons have been redesigned and continuously developed since 1970 under the supervision of Alan Fox in conjunction with prominent bassoonists in major symphony orchestras. Like all Fox bassoons, it features freedom of response, intonation, tonal quality, and projection that will satisfy the requirements of the most discriminating performers.
- All wood naturally aged and processed in our own facilities. Long bore with natural rubber linings in the wing and small bore of the boot joint. Corked Tenons.
- Special resonant finish in light mahogany with flamed tiger striping. Silver plated keys and trim.
- Nickel silver key parts, hinges, and machined parts. Full German system with high D and E keys. Right hand whisper key lock. Rollers on F, A(flat), E(flat) and D(flat). Metal tubes extending into the bore in the finger holes of the wing and boot joints to prevent water from entering the tone holes. Spring posts are locked with screws.
- Right thumb rollers on B(flat), E, F(sharp), and G(sharp). Left thumb rollers for whisper key, C(sharp), Low D and Low C.
- Tuning basis: A:440
- Each bassoon is tuned individually to a modified just scale, with ample flexibility to accommodate the most demanding requirements.
- 2 professional bocals included. Unless otherwise requested, the standard bocals will include #2 and #3 lengths, *CVX* bore, silver plated.
- Deluxe round corned case with case cover, neck strap, wooden crutch, silk swab and seat strap.
- Within one year, the instrument may be returned to the factory for fine tuning, acoustical adjustment, and mechanical servicing, with costs limited to freight and parts.