Fox Model 900 Contrabassoon
Sale Price $30,661.75
You Save $4,113.25
- SHIPS DIRECTLY FROM MANUFACTURER, WAIT TIMES VARY. PLEASE CONTACT US FOR AVAILABILITY
Introduced in 1971, the Fox Contrabassoon was designed and developed under the supervision of Alan Fox in conjunction with prominent contrabassoonists from major symphony orchestras around the world. A continuing research and development program, conducted by Alan Fox, Chip Owen, and numerous professional players, has lead to the use of the Fox contrabassoon in many of the world's major symphony orchestras, opera companies, and music schools and conservatories.
Introduced in 1971, the Fox Contrabassoon was designed and developed under the supervision of Alan Fox in conjunction with prominent contrabassoonists from major symphony orchestras around the world. Continuing development under Alan Fox's supervision by Chip Owen, with participation from numerous performers, has led to the use of the Fox Contrabassoon in many of the world's major symphony orchestras, opera companies, and music schools and conservatories.
- Black Maple, selected for optimum resonance and performance characteristics, naturally aged in our own facilities. All tenons carefully fitted to their receiving sockets to insure structural reliability. Joint connections sealed with silicone sealer. Three point bell bracing to improve structural integrity. Inner elbows are removable without requiring body disassembly, permitting easy access for cleaning and servicing.
- Acrylic enamel finish
- Nickel silver keys with silver plating on all keys and metal work. Full German system with right little finger F(sharp) key and alternate E(flat) key for right forefinger. Rollers on F, A(flat), E(flat) and D(flat). Water key on tuning slide. Spring posts are locked with screws.
- Tuning Basis: A:440, with the tuning slide extended. Highly centered tone quality with maximum core in the sound. Resonance, projection, and flexibility to satisfy the requirements of the most discriminating performers.
- Accessories: Fine case, 2 bocals, end pin
- Within one year, the instrument may be returned to the factory for fine tuning, acoustical adjustment, and mechanical servicing, with costs limited to freight and parts.