Fox Model 201 Bassoon - Red Maple
Sale Price $23,200.00
You Save $5,800.00
- SHIPS DIRECTLY FROM MANUFACTURER, WAIT TIMES VARY. PLEASE CONTACT US FOR AVAILABILITY
The short bore design provides a singing voice that opens up in the solo register. An excellent choice for players who prefer a slightly higher pitched instrument with flexibility and a clarity of voice that is not available in the thick wall designs.
Introduced in 1968, the short bore design features a tone quality that is more "open" than long bore models. It is voiced to permit the performer to open up and "sing" in the solo register, and its tone quality lends itself to solo performance.
Fox Short Bore bassoons were designed and developed under the supervision of Alan Fox in conjunction with prominent bassoonists in major symphony orchestras. Like all Fox bassoons, it features freedom of response, intonation, tonal quality, and projection that will satisfy the requirements of the most discriminating performers.
- All wood naturally aged and processed in our own facilities. Short bore with natural rubber linings in the wing and small bore of the boot joint. Corked Tenons.
- Special resonant finish in light mahogany with flamed tiger striping. Ebony finish available on request. Silver plated keys and trim.
- Nickel silver key parts, hinges, and machined parts. Full German system with high D and E keys. Right hand whisper key lock. Rollers on F, A(flat), E(flat) and D(flat). Metal tubes extending into the bore in the finger holes of the wing and boot joints to prevent water from entering the tone holes. Spring posts are locked with screws.
- Right thumb rollers on B(flat), E, F(sharp), and G(sharp). Left thumb rollers for whisper key, C(sharp), Low D and Low C.
- Each bassoon is tuned individually to a modified just scale, with ample flexibility to accommodate the most demanding requirements. The design is very flexible and may be used as high as A:443.
- 2 professional bocals included. Unless otherwise requested, the standard bocals will include #2 and #3 lengths, *CVX* bore, silver plated.
- Deluxe round corned case with case cover, neck strap, wooden crutch, silk swab and seat strap.
- Within one year, the instrument may be returned to the factory for fine tuning, acoustical adjustment, and mechanical servicing, with costs limited to freight and parts.